Tuesday, March 12, 2019

New chemo

Geri came today (thanks, Geri!) Blood levels were all good. They started with benadryl in my port, a nice healthy dose which made me really sleepy, then the anti-nausea meds, then the taxol. My first round took 4 1/2 hours, this one takes 3 1/2 hours. It's only one chemo but it takes almost an hour to drip in. But because it's only one kind of chemo, I only have to wear the Paxman cap an hour after instead of an 1 1/2 hours. The Paxman doesn't appear to have helped at all yet. I probably lost about 90% of my hair. But maybe it will help it grow back faster.

When I got home I took a little nap, cause the benadryl was still blasting me! One thing I forgot to mention was that a couple hours after chemo, I always get a hot flash, not a bad one. I find that odd and I always forget it's coming! Anyway, just finished dinner, taste buds are coming back, and I feel good.

The chemo nurse said it would probably be next week if I was going to have a reaction because the chemo builds up so I don't expect anything this week but I'll keep ya'll informed of any changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment