Monday, February 4, 2019

Doc visit

Dr. Ali says the stomach cramps are my form of nausea so I just need to take the compazine every 6 hours on the "sick" days. He said hair doesn't fall out until about 6 weeks after you start chemo so I have that to look forward to. He reviewed my blood work and said it looked fine. So we left happy, but of course, when I got home, the nurse called and said my neutrophil level was low...supposed to be 1000 and mine is 300. So just basically taking my temperature, staying away from sick people and sanitizing everything.

The blood test results were in my chart this morning and again, the white cell count was low. So I wondered why no one talked about that and told me to stay inside, etc. I called Sarah, my nurse, and she said neutrophil is a part of the white cell count and that's why the "warning". They're not that concerned this time cause it's not as low as last time and they're confident it will bounce back. Like I said earlier, why more than I ever wanted to know about cancer...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the update....hope the rest of your week will be good. Continued prayers being sent for you❤️

    ReplyDelete