Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Blood draw/doctor visit

Overall I'm tolerating chemo well however the blood draw showed a very low white cell count. I have to take my temperature 3 times a day, if it hits 100 I go to the hospital. Janelle, the PA, also prescribed a couple of antibiotics which I take twice a day. I have to stay home and away from people cause my resistance is low. This is normal for the type of chemo I'm getting, Janelle says. I go back Friday for another blood draw. The stomach cramps are "normal" and I can take one of the anti nausea medications they prescribed. Still tired, but that's "normal" also. So now, hopefully, there will be no news until Friday...I love the way they throw "normal" around....none of this is normal.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! You dont have to tell US you're not normal! Keep your positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, MJ. We are thinking of you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update! Praying for a good rest of the week! You are a strong person!!!!

    ReplyDelete