Well, Jerry has been sick also so maybe it's something we ate??? But I'm better today, not 100% but better. My hand still has that discoloration or rash but it hasn't spread. Genetics counselor at 1pm so will update this post later.
Genetics counseling: Because Jerry had had a referral for genetic counseling previously, they did his also. They did a family tree for each of us. I have been working on ancestry.com for mine so I had a little more information than Jerry had. But they determined we were both eligible for genetic blood testing for different types of cancer. The tests will come back positive, negative or inconclusive. If positive, the kids or other family members would be eligible for testing themselves. If positive, they would be able to be followed more closely and be eligible for earlier tests, like MRIs, mammograms, etc. If negative than nothing, the genes don't skip a generation. If inconclusive, they are considered negative until more conclusive tests are available. So they took our blood and we should have the results in about 3 weeks.
My neuropathy was so bad I could hardly sign the consent and typing and crocheting are very difficult. So I'm done for now.
Hope you are feeling better soon. Gaining a lot of knowledge with your blog. Thanks for sharing. 💖💕
ReplyDelete